Sunday, May 17, 2009

The play of colours

What happens when colours dance on the paper without binding themselves inside the boundaries? This particular painting is a mess made by colour or there is a hidden meaning at the core? It’s all about individual perception. When I surrendered myself to the paint & the brush in my hand, there sprang on the naïve sheet a volcanic eruption of various colours; blue, green, orange, pink, yellow…

This piece shows the outburst of inner emotions which were suppressed for a long time. I can feel the happiness of the brush romancing on the paper with its beloved colours.

It says: “let me go, set me free;

Hold me not in thy frame,

Just let me play the game,

Let me fill this bare sheet with life

As this is my home & the colour is my wife.

By Nazneen


No comments:

Post a Comment