Sunday, June 30, 2013

Episode 3: What's going on?

At 4.30 am I was awake by “Chaiya chaiya...coffee” noise. I leaned to look down two logs sleeping. The train had stopped in some station for quite some time. With heavy-eyes, I stepped down & out of the coach to get some fresh air. I saw a water tap & decided to splash some cold water to open my eyes properly & enjoy the misty panorama. The water was quite chilled but my delight came to a halt when I noticed the train was leaving without me. I was all alone in the platform & in tension my legs stopped moving. Somehow, I dragged myself but its pace was faster than mine. Just in time I felt someone pushed my back & the next moment I was inside the boogie. 
“Crazy lady! What where you doing outside at this hour? You would have missed the train. Luckily I was keeping an eye on you.” This line caught my attention. (Oh no not again)

“You! Mr sorry” I frowned. “Yes, me Nishant” Finally I got to know the name of the person who kept crashing, from the time I started the journey.
“Hi, Disha here. I thought of enjoying some early morning fresh air. But why were you, keeping an eye on me. Huh?” I questioned mounting my eyebrows.
He looked up to the ceiling & scratching his head replied with a coy smile. “Just like that”
Aww!  That was so cute, can’t say where this journey will end up but I was enjoying his company. Nishant offered me a cup of tea, we stood near the entrance & started chatting. That morning looked prettier than ever. We witnessed the sun rising in the meadow together & then I realised, I must go back to my seat before Uncle comes here searching me.
       I saw Uncle Niraj struggling with his VIP suitcase, which is his beloved marriage gift. Meanwhile Nishant kept strolling to & fro & finally the smart chap came to our seat & offered Uncle help. He looks slim but has strength, with a bang he opened the antique Pandora’s box. Very soon he gelled up with all in our compartment through his witty talks. We kept crashing our eyes & pretending not noticing each other.
       Soon it was lunch time, Uncle & Nishant got down in a station to buy Biryani. After 15 mins Uncle returned with hot & spicy Biryani however Mr Sorry was missing. “Where is Nishat, you two had gone out together?” I enquired out of concern, as the train started leaving the station. “Oh, he stopped by to purchase some magazine, he must be somewhere in the train by now.” Uncle replied with full concentrate in the Biryana parcel.
       By 5 pm, my anxiety gave way & I got down from upper berth to look around since there was no sign of Nishant. I went searching next two compartments & realized “He missed the train”. I came to my seat with a dreary face & out of the blue my eyes brightened to see the brown eyes winking at me. “Where were you so long I thought you missed the train” my concern.
       He clasped my hands, before Uncle& Sunaina could notice towed me to the fifth compartment. “I met some of my old friends. “ He introduced me to four of his school time buddies. They were all very jovial just like Nishant. One of his friends disclosed “Nishant was discussing a lot about a girl with dark eyes, cute smile, silky hair & innocent face.”
 “His Girlfriend?” I asked curiously  
“This girl has done some magic on my friend with her charisma. He is planning to woo her soon.” “Our studious friend has fallen for a fairy.” Everybody cracked out in laughter in the cabin & Nishant was blushing big time. He also shared that his dream girl was his classmate & as ambitious as him.

I lighten myself, ”whatever happens, happens for good. Atleast I can focus on my career now.” I was happy in one way for Nishant as no girl can say “No” to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment